Shawn Maddaford, PhD
President and CSO
- 25 Years of drug discovery and development experience
- Cofounder of three chemistry-based R&D companies for CNS and other disorders: Cofounder and V.P. Discovery Chemistry at NeurAxon; raised more than $60M in capital. MCR Research and Talon Pharmaceuticals.
- Senior Scientist; Allelix/NPS – Therapeutics for migraine and schizophrenia. Co-discover of novel GLYT1 receptor antagonists that entered clinical trials.
- Multiple drugs from discovery through Phase II clinical in neurological disorders (pain, migraine, schizophrenia).
- Led medicinal chemistry, patent strategy and filing and CMC efforts
- >100 issued patents and applications, >40 publications and abstracts.
Philippe Huot, MD, PhD
Associate Professor, McGill University
- Associate Professor and Movement Disorder Neurologist at McGill University, Montreal Neurological Institute.
- Translational research into the discovery of therapeutics to treat motor and non-motor complications of L-DOPA therapy in Parkinson’s.
- Université Laval (MD, Neurology), University of Toronto (PhD).
- Over 100 peer-reviewed publication.
Malik Slassi, PhD
Senior Scientific Advisor
- Co-founder, Senior V.P. Innovation at Mindset Pharma (acquired by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co) . Founder, President and CSO of Fluorinov Pharma Inc. acquired by Trillium.
- >30 years of experience with 25 late stage preclinical and clinical small molecule drug candidates in oncology, neurology and gastro-intestinal disorders.
- VP of Medicinal Chemistry at Trillium Therapeutics, NPS /Allelix Pharmaceuticals, Cascade Therapeutics, Boehringer Ingelheim Research Inc., and Rhône Poulenc
- 130 issued patents and applications, 65 publications